Active Schools work across school and community sport in Annandale & Eskdale to support the growth of sport and physical activity
The role of the local Active Schools & Community Sport Officer is to: –
- Increase the quality and range of opportunities, programmes and events offered through school and community sport
- Increase participation amongst under-represented groups across all sectors of the community including disadvantaged groups.
- Recruit, retain and develop a network of volunteers, coaches & sport leaders
- Develop a network of sustainable clubs and supporting pathways for coaches and athletes.
- Increase the number of young people engaging in volunteering as sport leaders and coaches in both school and community settings
- Develop school/club links and effective pathways between school and sport clubs to support the transition from school to community sport.
Contact Hayley Powell for more information:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07775 777944
Or visit our facebook page: Active Schools Facebook
The Active Schools & Community Sport Team produce an annual PEPAS (Physical Education, Physical Activity & Sport) calendar. This calendar of sporting events is developed in partnership with Schools, PE Specialists and local clubs in order to improve partnership working and help inform planning within schools. The calendar is supported with a programme of coach education and CPD to enhance delivery skills and qualifications in teachers, coaches, volunteers and young sports leaders. The PEPAS Events calendar in Annandale & Eskdale is supported through sponsorship by Magnox Limited.